-
August 12th, 2004, 01:19 PM
#21
Inactive Member
Palmer and Jackson bothy have a nice resume though short, Leim and Bayers, now you're talking, although Eddie has not been in the session world as long as Paul has. Leim got his start in LA as the power ballad king, hits like Lionel Ritchies Penny Lover..........
in the middle 90's Eddie was on what 70% of the country stuff coming out, mixed with Lonnie Wilson and Paul. Carlos Vega did a few discs with Vince Gill and Reba.
Larrie Londin's name could possibly have his name in there somewhere too.
-
August 12th, 2004, 02:24 PM
#22
Inactive Member
Gadd, I think.
Carrying sticks, cymbals and snare,
it was one studio to the next and
trying to stay awake.
[img]cool.gif[/img]
-
August 12th, 2004, 06:25 PM
#23
Inactive Member
When all is said and done, I think Canadian Randy Cooke will be up there aswell...he has recorded with virtually every big name on the Canadian Scene and has done a lot of work down south aswell...he's still quite young aswell from what I gather...I've heard from some sources that he has been credited on hundreds and hundreds of albums...and like I said, still a young guy, so I'm sure there are many more records to come with him playing...he's like canada's version of Josh Freese...a young guy who has already accomplished a lot and will still accomplish a lot in the future...
-
August 12th, 2004, 06:41 PM
#24
Inactive Member
Brad,
[img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]
[img]cool.gif[/img]
-
August 12th, 2004, 09:42 PM
#25
Inactive Member
Bill Maxwell is as mentioned before, very far up there. Many producers don't use him for like a whole session but, there's just times when they go. "let's call Bill and Abraham ( Laboriel ) " They've done alot as a duo in the studio.
Another new drummer to Consider is the THe Roots drummer Questlove or AKA Ahmir Thompson, he's playing on tons of new stuff. From UK Josh Stone to the most underground stuff in NYC to N.E.R.D. If the contemporary music stays as it is today, he will do alot of studio gigs in the future.
But the studio scene has changed.
The most recorded drummer ever, is the japaneese nuclear scientist who invented the Midi drums and further the digital Drum Machine. It's sad, but true [img]frown.gif[/img]
How are we ever gonna win the war against these McDonalds productions, how can people ever feel the love and pocket in a groove from a drum machine when buying a record? :Sigh:
I'd also like to think about the most recorded muscisian? David Sancious, Abraham Laboriel, Larry Carlton. I think that the studio monopoly in the Bass world is much more extreme than in the drummerworld so it would be interesting to look into the business over there [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
August 12th, 2004, 11:55 PM
#26
Inactive Member
I don't know if someone mentioned this already, but Kenny Arnof has to be up there too!
-
August 13th, 2004, 01:29 AM
#27
Inactive Member
Yeah Chris, I talked about Kenny aronoff...
-
August 13th, 2004, 02:02 AM
#28
Inactive Member
Sorry Roger! Too many names here to follow! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
August 13th, 2004, 03:34 AM
#29
Inactive Member
Well, I think we all know how Gadd managed to stay awake!
-
August 13th, 2004, 10:04 AM
#30
Inactive Member
Hi Chris,
No problemo my friend, yeah, hard to follow...
Take care.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks